With the rush of the holidays, I don't think I've seriously been to the grocery for more than a few things at a time for over a month! I hate not being on my usual schedule of shopping for the week on Sunday or Monday but I do think that sometimes you save money, and waste less food when you shop for just one meal at a time. Trader Joe's is always my go-to for quick, easy meals whether it's their frozen pizzas, soups, or salads. One of my favorite items that they have has always been the tomato and roasted red pepper soup! It has the same classic taste of tomato soup but with a little deeper flavor and subtle spice of red peppper- so good! To make an easy meal of it, I grab some tortellini to add to it (I used cheese for this recipe but you could use any flavor!). It's such a perfect cozy comfort meal for winter and takes less than 10 minutes to make- you can't beat that! I love to serve it with a side of grilled cheese or you could add some cooked ground beef, pork, or sausage to it, to make it more hearty like a chili. Get all the instructions and ingredients below!
1 carton (32 ounces) of Trader Joe's Tomato + Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1 10 ounce package of cheese tortellini (I also used Trader Joe's)
salt + pepper
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add the tortellini.
2. Cook the tortellini for 5-7 minutes, then drain.
3. While the tortellini is cooking start heating up your soup: Add the entire carton of soup to a saucepan and warm on medium heat.
4. Add the cooked and drained tortellini to your soup.
5. Continue to heat your soup until it reaches your desire temperature, then reduce to simmer.
6. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste and serve!